Starting a Group on a New Page
The following tip explains how to customize the Visits by Instructor report by starting each instructor on a new page.
Note: Steps in green font are optional.
1) Sign in to the System Administration area and click on "Reports".
2) Click on "Instructor" in the Reports List and find the report called "Attendance by Instructor".
3) Click on the report's name with the RIGHT mouse button, you will see a pop-up box:
4) Click on "Customize this report"
5) You will see a box asking you for a name. Enter "Attendance by instructor - one per page"
6) Click "OK". You will see another box asking whether the report should be available to all. Click "Yes"
7) You will see another box asking for a tool tip for this report (this is the yellow box that appears when the mouse is on top of the report's name). Enter "prints each instructor on a new page" and click "OK"
8) You will now see the report ready for customization in the Report Designer:
9) Click on a blank area of the report with the RIGHT mouse button"
10) You will see a pop-up menu. Click "Data Grouping..."
11) You will see the Data Grouping page:
12) Change the selection in the "Group starts on" box from "New line" to "New page number 1"
13) Click "OK"
14) Close the Report Designer by clicking on the Windows close button on the upper right corner:
15) You will see a box asking whether to save the report. Click "Yes"
You are finished customizing the report. To view the customized report, click on the "Customized Reports" node and then on the "Attendance by Instructor - one per page" item:
You are ready to view the customized report. Click "Show Report"
The customized report now shows each instructor on a new page and restarts the numbering of the pages to 1 for each instructor. Here is an example: